Employing a Nanny gives a greater degree of flexibility to childcare
A Professional Bilingual Nanny usually has a certain amount of training and qualifications in childcare. Personality, initiative, integrity and a genuine love for children are equally important when seeking either a Daily or Live-in Nanny. She (or He) will be able to provide complete care on a sole charge or shared charge basis with plenty of fun and creative activities in a safe and secure environment. Opting for a Nanny as a solution to childcare, compared with other possibilities, provides a greater level of cover and flexibility, as well as being based in the family home the children will receive one to one care.
We strongly recommend a contract is agreed and signed between Nanny and Employer before starting which covers all aspects of the position. Please contact us for further information and a sample contract which can be tailored to suit your individual needs.
A Live-in Nanny needs to have her own bedroom and bathroom (sometimes they will need to share the bathroom with the children). Occasionally separate accommodation is available away from the main part of the house, which gives both the Nanny and the family a greater degree of privacy. Please note “House rules” should be discussed and agreed before start date.
Guidelines for Employers
This will be agreed depending on the position but are usually 10 – 12 hours per day over a 5 /6 day week. Live-in Nannies usually include one or two nights babysitting per week, whilst daily nannies would be paid extra for babysitting. Holiday entitlement should be agreed before starting but is usually a minimum of 4 weeks paid holiday with Bank holidays off or paid in lieu.
- Plan and organise the daily schedule for the children
- Prepare and cook healthy well balanced meals
- Establish or follow children,s individual routines to include nursery or school runs, extracurricular activities, friends and family visits
- Keep parents regularly updated on progress and daily activities
- Organise stimulating, fun, outdoor activities
- Be aware of different stages of children,s development and support their learning
- Develop a close and trusting relationship
- Supervise children at all times, making sure children are always safe
- Keep children,s bedroom, bathroom, play areas and kitchen all clean and tidy
- Teach and encourage children to have good manners
- Instil good discipline following Parents guidelines
- Keep toys and child related equipment all in good order and put away at the end of the day (i.e. pushchairs, bikes)
- Establish or follow good Bath time and Bed time routine
- Wash and iron children,s laundry and have clothes such as school uniform ready for the following day
Live-in £375-450 net per week
Daily £475-600 net per week
N.N.E.B (National Nursery Examination Board) Diploma now known as: CACHE (Council for Awards in Childcare and Education) Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education
NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Care and Education (England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
SVQ Level 3 in Early Years Care and Education (Scotland)
BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Child Studies
Norland, The Chiltern College and Princess Christian are all private colleges studying the NNEB Diploma in Childcare
A current First Aid Certificate is strongly advised
Client & Nanny Testimonials
My Clients, and Nannies are often kind enough to share some feedback on our working relationship. Here are a few appreciated remarks.
Sourcing only the best professional nannies
We follow an in-depth interview with all our nannies and governesses. We meet each one personally and thoroughly check their references, education background and work experience. We ensure that each of our nannies holds an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are always ready to assist our customers with friendly and knowledgeable advice and fast response times. If you need any assistance please use the details below to contact us:
C L O S E D
If you have any questions or queries that have not been answered on our website, then please fill out the form below and one of our expert team will get back to you as soon as possible.
83 Victoria Street